Products & Services
Sputtering is a technique for forming high-quality thin films
Sputtering is a kind of dry plating. A target of the thin-film forming (deposition) material and a substrate as an anode are placed in a vacuum chamber filled with inert gas (Ar gas etc.). A high voltage is applied between them.
The high voltage generates plasma and in the plasma, Ar+ collides with the target at high speed. The target particles which have been sputtered, adhere to the substrate, leading to film formation.
• The attachment energy of the deposition material is so high that it can form a film with high adhesion strength.
• Precision film thickness control is possible, resulting in a thin film with excellent density and uniformity.
• Sputtering can form a metal film with a high melting point, which is difficult by vapor deposition, and also can form a film without changing the composition of the alloy.
• Single-element metals, alloy materials, oxides, nitrides, etc. can be formed on the surface of films, resin molded products, metals, glasses, etc. with a nanoorder thickness.
Difference between Sputtering and Vapor deposition
|Sputtering||By hitting argon ions against thin-film forming (deposition) metal, metal oxide, etc., the fine particles which have been sputtered adhere to the substrate and deposit on the surface.|
|Film adhesion||Thin film density||Alloy deposition||Deposition on heat-sensitive substrates||Deposition rate|
Deposition Materials and Functions
|Metal||SUS||Corrosion resistance, antibacterial, decorative, antistatic|
|Cu, Cu alloy||Conductive, electromagnetic shielding, antibacterial|
|Ti||Heat retention and shielding|
|Ag alloy||Ray reflection film, electromagnetic wave shield|
|Metal Oxide||SiO2||Gas barrier film, insulating film|
|Carbon||Graphite||Highly thermally conductive, conductive|
|DLC||Sliding properties, high hardness, gas adsorption|
|Laminated films||High-refractive index material/Ag alloy/High-refractive index material||Heat ray reflection, thermal insulation|
|Low-refractive index material/High-refractive index material/Low refractive index material etc.||Anti-reflective film|
Prototyping and Mass production of Functional Films
• A wide range of base material widths up to 1600 mm are available.
• Our plant is equipped for prototyping, small lots and mass production, capable of deposition length up to 2500 m (t:125 μm).
Prototype Deposition on 3D molded products, Glass, etc., and Mass Production
• Base materials up to 1 m × 2 m are available.
• Please contact us for special cases, such as film formation on non-flat surfaces, side faces of base materials, curved surfaces and protruding objects.